Wednesday 31 August 2011

Eye Shadow Primer Substitutes

Today I have been testing out substitutes to eyeshadow primers for those of you who don't want to fork out £14.50 for Urban Decays Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I did my research and found out what people thought were supposed to be good substitutes and came up with the following products below.


1. The Body Shop Mango Body Butter  2. No7 Essential Moisture Day Cream  3. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer  4. The Body Shop Skin Primer  5. Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm  6. No7 Stay Perfect Foundation  7. Lipstick (Brand Unsure)  8. Witch Hide & Clear Natural Concealer Stick  9. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder


I put a little of each product on my arm and swatched some eyeshadow on them.



I used Natural Collections Solo Eye shadow in 'Asteroid'.



Below are the swatches after half an hour.



You can't really tell any difference in the photos but this is the order i have decided to put them in from what works best (1) and what works worst (9).
1. Lip Balm
2. Body Butter
3. Liquid Concealer
4. Face Primer
5. Moisturiser
6. Foundation
7. Lipstick
8. Concealer Stick
9. Face Powder

I bet you didn't expect that a good use for lip balm would be eyeshadow primer, did you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment